We are looking for an outstanding professional to join our team as Project Manager.
The Project Manager oversees the project and directs the team at the contractual level, and has the responsibility for the project’s contractual obligations, schedule, costs and fees, along with the responsibility for all of the day-to-day project communication. Generally speaking, this includes effecting agreements with the client and consultants, establishing and implementing the project schedule, managing the team efforts with respect to design and production deliverables, controlling project construction costs, and managing and controlling project fees. The Project Manager reports to the Principals. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Predesign, Design, Documentation and Construction Administration Services
* Responding to Requests for Proposals
* Soliciting proposals from consultants
* Negotiating, reviewing and editing contracts
* Preparing and managing project schedules
* Managing in-house and consultant team efforts
* Ensuring completion of due diligence items
* Specification writing and editing
* Preparation and analysis of budgets
* Production of construction documents
* Assembly and issue of construction documents
* Construction Administration
* Field Observation
* Field Reports
* Represent STL in meetings with client, consultants and contractors
* Initiate and maintain liaison with client
* Monitor construction through communication with on-site Superintendent to assist in the completion of project on schedule and within budget. Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
* Communicate project status to client and team.
* Provide weekly updates of all critical status items during all phases of work.
* Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
* Control construction change orders
* Coordinate and supervise the progress of subordinate project team.
* Provide direction as required to maintain schedule and costs.
* Mentor and encourage training of young architects and interns.
* Minimum of +/- 5 years of architectural experience, including 2 years of project management experience
* Architectural licensure in Illinois preferred
* Strong management skills
* Strong understanding of building systems
* Strong design sensitivity
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Demonstrated knowledge of construction trades and field work
* Ability to mentor young architects
* Strong computer skills: Autocad, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, InDesign,
* Strong scheduling, budgeting and cost control skills
* Understanding of cost estimating
* Preferred LEED AP / LEED AP+