STLArchitects is growing. We are looking for an outstanding professional to join our team as Project Designer.
STLarchitects is searching for an outstanding professional to join our team as a Designer. General Responsibilities The successful candidate will be a motivated individual who is as equally drawn to the conceptualization of ideas as to the support of the senior design team. Working in a deeply collaborative environment, Designers are entrusted with meaningful responsibilities that span the full spectrum of the life of a project. Prior to the start of construction, roles and responsibilities include sketching, constructing physical and digital models, building animations, surveying existing project conditions, conceptualizing ideas, and preparing design documents and technical specifications. During the construction of our projects, Designers will be exposed to a wide array of construction administration activities such as reviewing samples and product data to ensure compliance with design intent and creating project reports. Experience required Five-year bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Architecture.
Minimum experience required
1 – 3 years
Advanced knowledge of Revit, Rhino, and 3D Studio Max rendering software.
No licensing required
STLArchitects is growing. We are looking for an outstanding professional to join our team as Technical Coordinator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of projects at the technical level, including overseeing the project team in the production of the Construction Documents Set. The Technical Coordinator will work with and report to the Technical Director to define and develop building systems, determine the project’s overall regulatory paths, and ensure technical quality. The Technical Coordinator represents STLArchitects’ technical and regulatory compliance interests at the project level, implements the project’s design objectives and produces a quality contract documents set to avoid exposure to potential change orders, claims or litigation. These responsibilities include performing due diligence tasks, documenting the project’s regulatory and technical compliance, day-to-day internal and consultant project coordination, attending meetings, and reviewing, editing and producing construction documents and other deliverables.
Minimum experience required
State of Illinois license
STLArchitects is growing. We are looking for an outstanding professional to join our team as Project Manager.
The Project Manager oversees the project and directs the team at the contractual level, and has the responsibility for the project’s contractual obligations, schedule, costs and fees, along with the responsibility for all of the day-to-day project communication. Generally speaking, this includes effecting agreements with the client and consultants, establishing and implementing the project schedule, managing the team efforts with respect to design and production deliverables, controlling project construction costs, and managing and controlling project fees. The Project Manager reports to the Principals. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
* Predesign, Design, Documentation and Construction Administration Services
* Responding to Requests for Proposals
* Soliciting proposals from consultants
* Negotiating, reviewing and editing contracts
* Preparing and managing project schedules
* Managing in-house and consultant team efforts
* Ensuring completion of due diligence items
* Specification writing and editing
* Preparation and analysis of budgets
* Production of construction documents
* Assembly and issue of construction documents
* Construction Administration
* Field Observation
* Field Reports
* Represent STL in meetings with client, consultants and contractors
* Initiate and maintain liaison with client
* Monitor construction through communication with on-site Superintendent to assist in the completion of project on schedule and within budget. Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
* Communicate project status to client and team.
* Provide weekly updates of all critical status items during all phases of work.
* Prepare weekly or monthly progress reports as required.
* Control construction change orders
* Coordinate and supervise the progress of subordinate project team.
* Provide direction as required to maintain schedule and costs.
* Mentor and encourage training of young architects and interns.
* Minimum of +/- 5 years of architectural experience, including 2 years of project management experience
* Architectural licensure in Illinois preferred
* Strong management skills
* Strong understanding of building systems
* Strong design sensitivity
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Demonstrated knowledge of construction trades and field work
* Ability to mentor young architects
* Strong computer skills: Autocad, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Excel, InDesign,
* Strong scheduling, budgeting and cost control skills
* Understanding of cost estimating
* Preferred LEED AP / LEED AP+